Matfield Green - Our first years

Monday, February 12, 2007

Baby Boy McBride

All the test results are in and there is no longer any reason to contain the news that I am pregnant and we are expecting a baby boy in mid-July. If all goes well, he'll arrive with the green beans in a very fertile 2nd-year-in-Kansas vegetable garden. I'm a bit sleepier than usual these days but other than that I'm feeling great and happy to be doing my part to repopulate the Great Plains.

Bill and I walked along the east bank of the Little Cottonwood River yesterday morning, crossing the river on thick ice just east of our house and bushwacking our through brush and trees that will be impassable once Spring comes. Lots of deer tracks on banks one would think were to steep for man or beast. Hawks and robins in the trees. Birds flitting to and away at the spots where the water wasn't frozen. We climbed up from the river at the main road through town and did the loop through Matfield back to the bunkhouse.

4 Comments:

  • Great News!! Bill and Julia. Congratulations from Armando and I. We plan to spend July in MFG this year and will hope to earn early viewing privileges. Linda A.

    By Blogger prairiescholar, at 3:43 PM  

  • Thanks, Linda! I'm glad to hear that you and Armando will be here to welcome our son to the community. J.

    By Blogger Julia, at 12:22 PM  

  • Wow! I am so impressed with your stamina during the U of C Leadership in Changing Times classes. Congrats on the pregnancy. I have a house hold of two baby boys and it's the best thing ever! Best wishes for a comfortable and healthy pregnancy- Jill London

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:38 PM  

  • Thanks, Jill! It's great to know you are out there supporting me! J.

    By Blogger Julia, at 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home