Matfield Green - Our first years

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Cold again but spring will (really) come


I know the end of winter is just around the corner because a week or so ago I went shopping with a Girl Scout from Cottonwood Falls named Heather - shopping for garden supplies. Heather is part of a Girl Scout entrepreneurial program called "Challenge and Change." She is going to grow and sell vegetables in a plot just off the main drag in Strong City. I'm one of her adult allies. Another of the adults participating in the project is the landscaper named Terry who loaned the plot of land. I know that I will probably be able to learn a lot from hearing Terry's advice to Heather. In the photo Heather and I are loading the car after purchasing seeds and shovels and the like.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home