Matfield Green - Our first years

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Quiet days

It's kind of quiet around here. I'm working hard. I suddenly have a full roster of coaching clients, plus classes starting in January that I need to prepare. Bill is running pipe for the septic tank and gray water from our new house. Pat is building the greenhouse, attached to the front of our house. Tom Armstong is in Nebraska visiting his daughter and I invited myself to lunch with Barb today at noon. (She graciously accepted my invitation!)

Saturday night was the town Christmas party at the old grade school. Clara Jo cooked the turkey. Phil and Kathy brought the ham. Barb brought mashed potatoes and the rest of us filled in around the edges. After dinner at least 60 of the 100 or so diners (locals and lots of out of town guests) crammed ourselves into the classroom with the woodburning stove and sang carols accompanied by an army of guitars, two fiddles, an accordian and harmonica. Shelby and Katie (cousins who are in the 5th and 4th grades, I think) sang a perfect rendition of Silent Night that brought down the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home