Matfield Green - Our first years

Friday, May 12, 2006

Beans beans they're good for your heart

I don't know why that popped into my head. The old ditty about farting that my little brothers used to find soooooo funny.

Actually I do know why it came to me. I am feeling wiped out today. I have a cold, my nose is runny and I really don't want to spend the time I need to spend going through my notes - rehearsing - for the class I'm teaching on Tuesday. Mostly I just want to get better. Now.

But. I'm not. Better. However, I am not so sick that I couldn't get out into the garden. In this kind of state it is easier to do than to think. So I did. I planted. I planted beans. It was sunny out, and I hoed and raked and seeded and watered, and some day soon there will be beans for dinner.

And those little white beans going into freshly hoed soil, lo and behold, they did my heart good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home