Matfield Green - Our first years

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Unanticipated advantages

There are unexpected benefits to being surrounded by retired men. Today while I am at work in my office - preparing to speak with a potential coaching client, participating in a Coach U teleclass, getting my notes in order for a class on Leadership that I am teaching at a National Assocation of Realtors convention next week - both Tom and Bill are at work out in the yard. Tom trimming weeds and Bill mowing lawns (mine and the Armstrong's).

It's like Tom Sawyer and the fence. One starts and the other joins in. Except that these guys know what they are getting into and they still think it's going to be fun. Anything that involves power tools - that, I believe, is the manly definition of fun.

Quite the deal for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home