Matfield Green - Our first years

Friday, December 01, 2006

Snow day

We got about 3-4 inches of snow yesterday. Not the 6-12 we were promised but enough to transform the world for awhile. It's melting now already as temperatures top out just above freezing. I learned a lesson about rural driving yesterday on my way home from Wichita. Go slowly. I slid of highway 177 and into the ditch at the side of the road. Luckily I was going slowly enough and there was noone else for miles around, so there was no damage to car or me. And luckily for my pride, my little Honda Civic Hybrid climbed right out of that ditch, with only a little bit of groaning and scraping.

The storm is hitting Chicago now, with more snow accumulating there. In a funny way it makes me feel connected to the folks back home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home