Matfield Green - Our first years

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Oh the magic of cucumbers

I turn around the cucumbers on the vine have doubled in size. The zucchini has tripled. There are countless tiny yellow blossoms on my muskmelon vine and several of the melons are 5 or 6 inches in diameter. The pumpkins are even bigger. Lettuce has gone to seed. But the bean plants are outgrowing whatever bug was after them. At the west end of the garden, where the soil must be best, soybeans and sunflowers are going crazy.

Can you tell I'm having fun?

We've had rain but not nearly as much as our brothers and sisters in southeast Kansas. Weeding is soggy business but there's been no lasting damage to garden, house or humans.

Pregnancy is plugging along. 11 days until the due date - but of course that date is only a guess. I could be carrying this baby around inside me until the end of July. Happily of course except for the fact that I want to meet him. And have plenty of "maternity leave" left to get used to him in his new form.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home