Matfield Green - Our first years

Monday, March 20, 2006

101 uses for...

I was roasting a tenderloin on Saturday night and Joy of Cooking read that after I pound it thin I should "roll and tie it up." In the absence of the right kind of mallet for pounding I lamely patted it thin with a wooden spoon. Not very thin. Then I looked around for some string. Must be in storage. With many other things I will need in the next few days, I'm sure.

So, I've discovered use #2 for dental floss. What is use #3?

2 Comments:

  • Dental floss is great for stringing popcorn and cranberries during the holidays - something I discovered during my first Christmas with Tim. Not the season for this particular use yet - perhaps it will be use #67 instead of #3. Just another reason to stock up...

    By Blogger Lisa May Simpson, at 11:49 AM  

  • Thanks, Lisa. I think it deserves its spot at #3. So what, now, is #4?

    By Blogger Julia, at 1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home