Matfield Green - Our first years

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Orb Weaver at Our Window


Bill took this beautiful picture of the Orb Weaver Spider who has been living outside our bunkhouse window since we brought Luke home from the hospital almost 5 weeks ago. She wover this stunning web. Caught grasshoppers and other bugs (some tossed into the web by human hands, I must admit). Laid a sack of eggs in the upper corner of the disintigrating web. And now, like Charlotte, she will leave us. Any morning now we'll walk out and find her dead on the concrete outside our doorway. Such beauty. ... I must admit, I'm a leary of all those baby spiders yet to come.

1 Comments:

  • If I saw a spider like this "beautiful" one, I'd run for dear life!

    Ed - Princeton, NJ / Washington, DC

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home