Matfield Green - Our first years

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Median age: old

Annie and John Wilson and their daughters hosted a big potluck dinner at their ranch west of Elmdale (8 miles into the hills) on Thursday night. They cooked a ham and gravy and mashed potatoes. Others brought bean casserole, salads, banana cream and rhubarb pies. I concocted an eggplant and chickpea casserole so spicy that the cooking made Bill's eyes water.

I shared the census data I'd uncovered with a group from Matfield Green. Tom, Barb, Emily, Phil and Kathy and I tried to figure out how in the world the median age of our town could be 49. We could name six kids, and I know there are a couple of people in their 20s and maybe a handful more who are in their 30s and 40s - but we all agreed that there is no way that there are 30 people under the age of 49 living in this town.

What gives?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home