Matfield Green - Our first years

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Yes, it's hot, but...

The early mornings around here are the perfect time in the perfect place. Big red round sunrise this morning. A breeze as we walked out of town south toward the cemetary. I took a drink at the old pump in the shade of an even older tree at the cemetary gate, and then we continued on another 1/2 mile or so to say good morning to a threesome Mary Ann Quay's horses.

Clara Jo and I are resuming publication of the Matfield Green Newsletter - local news for residents and friends abroad. I've volunteered to write an article of the cattle season - a good excuse to call and talk with some folks I don't normally talk to. Nervous. It may take me a day or two to work up my courage. Or to find the time to relax into the task and enjoy the conversations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home